JOIN TEAM DNA FOOTWEAR in walking for… Women’s Empowerment at this year’s annual Power Walk for Dress for Success… A great way to spend Mother’s Day weekend in a meaningful way with your mom or even with a group of friends. Let’s celebrate women becoming their best selves together! All are welcome to participate… A huge thank you to Keds as we will be raffling off 3 pairs of their Champion Sneakers to participating walkers. We will be onsite giving away free tote bags and our DNA Footwear team will also be walking the 3.1 mile walk in support of family and fashionably fierce women in the work place!
The Power Walk is the only international 5k walk dedicated to empowering women on their quest for economic independence, through an active and health lifestyle. Each mile on the 3.1 mile walk represents one of the three phases that our women experience as they journey along their path to professional success – from being unemployed and searching, to recently employed and adjusting, to gainfully employed and succeeding.
The Power Walk for Dress for Success serves as a “walking testament” to the need for success-driven women to become healthy in all aspects of their lives. By participating, you will be supporting the women served by Dress for Success in leading a healthy, well-balanced lifestyle that yields career success. Studies prove that employees who exercise for at least 30 minutes, three times a week, are 15% more likely to have higher job performance, and 25% more likely when eating healthy. The funds that team DNA Footwear raises for this event through registering to walk will allow Dress for Success to foster its health and wellness initiatives and their continuum of services helping women.
Tracy Anderson, for the second year in a row, will return as the Global Ambassador for The Power Walk for Dress for Success®. As a fitness pioneer known for her revolutionary Tracy Anderson Method, Tracy has helped countless celebrities transform their bodies, including Gwyneth Paltrow and Jennifer Lopez. The beauty of the Tracy Anderson Method is that people everywhere can get access to the same training and regiments as the red carpet’s biggest stars, either in one of the Tracy Anderson studios – or in their own living rooms!
HOW YOU CAN GET INVOLVED!
- Walk as an individual! REGISTER yourself, family and friends to walk; view our various walker categories (individual, mom & me, student, child and even dogs can walk)!
- Create a team. Invite colleagues, friends & family to help fundraise for the walk.
- Join OUR existing team – DNA Footwear – Walk with your colleagues, friends & family for women’s empowerment!
- Become a virtual walker. Won’t be in town? Support the walk and join us in spirit!
- Donate. The Power Walk for Dress for Success raises funds that allow us to foster our health and wellness initiatives and continuum of services helping women.
TO REGISTER for the Power Walk, please visit www.crowdrise.com/nycpowerwalk